• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IS IT TOO LATE FOR ME TO GET HELP!!!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kabrimundosad

I live in College Park, GA. last year july i was in my apartment complex when i was approached by about six guys who did not announce themselves as police. I heard the one officer say "the one with the hair ".One of the guys (officer strozer) said " someone said you might have weed on you, and i have to search you ",. he then put his hand in my pocket and pulled out a bag of marijuna. i was then placed under arrest. i did not resist. i asked one of the officers who had attempted to be-friend me into telling him where i purchase the product. i could not help him with that info. i then informed him that i have a one month old child at home and we do not have a phone. we use a cellular, i have it, and i would ask that you give it to my fiancee. he said yes and did. another car was called and i was taken to jail. they (six officers) showed up at my door insisting that they search my house in light of what happened, gave my girl the phone and all went into our new unfurnished apartment and went thru my clothes and two storage boxes full of papers of my life. items of interest like my pay stubs and poetry was left in disarray. my fiancee saw them reading instead of looking for drugs. i plead no-lo and received probation, suspended liscense, and a fine that i am unable to pay. i feel violated and that the system does not and has never worked in my favor. i later learned via police report of my arrest that the officers had what they referred to as a net team in our apartments looking for potential violations. i later learned that this strozer is security for these apartments. months later i met and conversed with stozer when he again approached me as i was throwing a football with the kids of the complex. in that conversation he again made reference to my hair. " I bet you get harrassed alot about your hair',. I feel that I was profiled by this guy. he uses the system to intimidate. i have been told by him we are not allowed to be outside," this is congregating and loitering and it is not allowed",. I probably don't have a leg left to stand on this late in the game, but i need help. i have no money and i am suppose to turn myself in on friday 6/29 to be added to the court docket for that day. i have never been in this kind of trouble before this is my first offense. i have had issues with my drivers liscense though so i am no stranger to court preceedings. i have completed one year of probation where i have paid about one hundred fifty dollars on a sixx hundred dollar fine, and about two-hundred on a three hundred dollar fine. i have been in financial distress with the expenses of a newborn, not to mention the added expense getting to probation. now here at the end i have to turn myself in. i could not even afford the minimun so i had to come every week to probation. i complied every week. i did miss one week in may due to a death in my family. i cannot afford anything that is going to happen to me and i can use whatever you can offer to assist me on ending what has been a nightmare for me.

calatty

On those facts, the search may have been illegal. Unfortunately, the way a search actually went down and the officers' version of how it went down are often very different, and the courts go along with the officers' version. I would be surprised if they admitted they just reached into your pocket out of the blue. If the officers' own version showed the search to be illegal, your attorney could have moved to suppress the marijuana based on the illegal search. At this point, you could possibly move to withdraw your plea based on the fact that you did not know the evidence could have been suppressed, assuming it could have. You might not want to do that, because it would put you back to square one, facing the charges all over again, just with the opportunity to move to suppress the evidence.

K

kabrimundosad

thanx for the advice calatty.

i feel alittle more prepared for what i must face on friday. i do not have a lawyer representing me. i paid $50 for an initial counsel. i left feeling guilty pay the fine, so i have been on my own ever since. thank you again........

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">