• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

traffic stop,meth found in car passenger charged driver not charged

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dkdeleon

texas, ft. worth
I got a ride home from a friend of a friend and we got pulled over,
and he had a warrent for traffic ticket. so they search both of us and do not find anything, then they check the car and find meth on the passenger side of the car under the seat. they charge me with the meth and didnt charge the owner and driver of the car. I find out his dad is a cop and also his dad called in on the radio durring the stop. what I want to know is how can they charge me and not him? is it because of his dad being a cop? I do not think this is right, im facing felony charges for somthing that wasnt mine.
please help!!!!!! :confused:

I would be curious to hear the audio tape recording made by the law enforcement agency of the radio traffic between the officer making the stop and the dad of the driver, but that is just me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">