• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trafficing in a Controlled Substance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

buisr

What is the name of your state? KY
My brother was arrested on Tuesday, 12Dec for Trafficing in a Controlled Substance-Cocaine-1st Offense. His arrest was a result of someone wearing a wire at an earlier date to my understanding. The police did not search his resident or vehicle. They do not have any drugs, just the tape. He was read his Miranda Rights on Friday, 15Dec and will be arraigned on Monday, 18Dec. During this entire period they have questioned him trying to get him to make a deal by setting up his source. He ask for an attorney but hasn't seen one yet. First, wasn't his constitutional rights violated? I have spent 20 plus years in the Army protecting that right which is now denied to my brother if so. Can you please inform me to what steps should be taken or to whom I can report this to? What is his assurance or rights if he does make a deal? Is there pro bono lawyers in the Somerset KY area to help us? I am scared for his life and don't know what to do. This was a total surprise and has devestated my entire family. Please tell me what to do or where to go for help.

Thank you

Last edited:

smutlydog

What is the name of your state? KY
My brother was arrested on Tuesday, 12Dec for Trafficing in a Controlled Substance-Cocaine-1st Offense. His arrest was a result of someone wearing a wire at an earlier date to my understanding. The police did not search his resident or vehicle. They do not have any drugs, just the tape. He was read his Miranda Rights on Friday, 15Dec and will be arraigned on Monday, 18Dec. During this entire period they have questioned him trying to get him to make a deal by setting up his source. He ask for an attorney but hasn't seen one yet. First, wasn't his constitutional rights violated? I have spent 20 plus years in the Army protecting that right which is now denied to my brother if so. Can you please inform me to what steps should be taken or to whom I can report this to? What is his assurance or rights if he does make a deal? Is there pro bono lawyers in the Somerset KY area to help us? I am scared for his life and don't know what to do. This was a total surprise and has devestated my entire family. Please tell me what to do or where to go for help.

Thank you
They do not have any drugs, just the tape.
Depending on what was said that's all they need

During this entire period they have questioned him trying to get him to make a deal by setting up his source.
Tell him not to speak with them at all. If he says something that isn't true he can get in more trouble and if he says something that is true he can get in more trouble. Any negotiating should be done through an attorney

wasn't his constitutional rights violated?
If you mean the delayed Miranda Rights then no. They don't even have to read him his rights at all. Miranda rights means that once he is arrested any statement he makes while in custody can't be used against him. They have a tape-recording so it wouldn't make much difference here.

Was he arrested by DEA agents or local cops?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">