• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trafficking charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

miminate

What is the name of your state? north carolina

my boyfriend got pulled over in a supposed school zone, the cop car was in the way of the visible sign for school zone, he was slowing down. anyways, he got pulled over, he doesn't have a drivers license, the car was searched for drugs.
they found about 30 grams of crack/cocaine. a) the drugs were still wet b) in a ziploc baggy.
he is charged with 2 counts of trafficking.
what is the protocal for this kind of charges?
what will they use as far as the drug amount goes?
will he have to do the mandatory 3 years, he has no prior criminal history at all.

fairisfair

as you may have heard, the forum crystal ball is missing.

If you would like to provide us with the statute he is being charged with, somone may look it up and supply you with the min. and max. penalties. But NO ONE can guess what he is actually going to be sentenced .

smutlydog

my boyfriend got pulled over in a supposed school zone, the cop car was in the way of the visible sign for school zone, he was slowing down. anyways, he got pulled over, he doesn't have a drivers license, the car was searched for drugs.
they found about 30 grams of crack/cocaine. a) the drugs were still wet b) in a ziploc baggy.
will he have to do the mandatory 3 years, he has no prior criminal history at all.
If the state charges him I am not sure but if the feds pick up the case

http://www.ussc.gov/2005guid/2d1_1.htm

http://www.ussc.gov/2004guid/5a.htm

This doesn't include the upward departure for being in a school zone

BelizeBreeze

He's going away for awhile.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">