• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

travel to canada?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

roger_roger

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

i was arrested 7+ years ago for cultivation of cannabis. i entered into 720 ILCS 550 and no conviction was on my record. i recently had my arrest and such expunged. can i travel to canada for 2 days for business?

FlyingRon

It's quite possible you will be denied entry into Canada, or at least delayed at the border until they make a determination. Unfortunately, Canada doesn't give much of a way to test or resolve this prior to actually trying to enter. I would recommend you try this prior to your actual proposed trip to make sure.

roger_roger

seems like a catch 22. i cant find out if i can pass until i try, at which time they may deny my entry. is this right? i'll be with work colleagues and dont want any issues. any other ways to find out?

FlyingRon

As I said, do it in advance of the trip with your coworkers/friends. Either,they'll admit you, or they'll delay you while they find out if you can be "deemed admissible" or you'll be turned back.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/conviction.asp

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">