• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In trouble because someone else is??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drugconvictions

What is the name of your state? Texas

I had some "friends" staying with me. Turns out they were robbing us blind right under our noses. Stole jewelry, etc. Also turns out they took off w/ my prescription narcotics. They got pulled over (after I asked them to leave because they were acting so weird), she got a PI, he got arrested for driving w/o a lic. AND when booked, had pills in his pocket. Now he's looking at another felony -- he evidently had a couple already.

Here's the thing, even though those were my prescribed meds, I'm not supposed to be in possession because of problems I've had in the past. So, here's my question -- if the cops find 1) the bottle w/ my name or dr. name or the receipts from when I got the meds (because I got them while they were here and hid them in my room) will they call the law here (I don't know where they were arrested yet), and find out I wasn't 1) supposed to have prescribed meds and 2) a felon in my vicinity??? What can happen to me??

Last edited:

seniorjudge

anyone else have any info or advice??
...So, here's my question -- if the cops find 1) the bottle w/ my name or dr. name or the receipts from when I got the meds (because I got them while they were here and hid them in my room) will they call the law here (I don't know where they were arrested yet), and find out I wasn't 1) supposed to have prescribed meds and 2) a felon in my vicinity??? What can happen to me??....

Actually, our crystal ball is in the shop.

OJ tried to sell it to make bail and dropped the thing on the way to court.

When it gets fixed, we'll get back with you.

moburkes

...So, here's my question -- if the cops find 1) the bottle w/ my name or dr. name or the receipts from when I got the meds (because I got them while they were here and hid them in my room) will they call the law here (I don't know where they were arrested yet), and find out I wasn't 1) supposed to have prescribed meds and 2) a felon in my vicinity??? What can happen to me??....

Actually, our crystal ball is in the shop.

OJ tried to sell it to make bail and dropped the thing on the way to court.

When it gets fixed, we'll get back with you.
First rmet, now OJ. We've got to get some insurance on that thing.

drugconvictions

Seriously

I was hoping to actually get some serious answers on this board. But it appears it's just a fun thing for people to do when they're bored. Thanks.:rolleyes:

CdwJava

So, here's my question -- if the cops find 1) the bottle w/ my name or dr. name or the receipts from when I got the meds (because I got them while they were here and hid them in my room) will they call the law here (I don't know where they were arrested yet), and find out I wasn't 1) supposed to have prescribed meds and 2) a felon in my vicinity??? What can happen to me??
They might call the local cops or they might not ... no way to tell. Even if they do, it is not possible to say whether a DA would choose to prosecute you for getting your prescribed medicine stolen ... uh ... exactly what kind of medicine is it that you are not supposed to be near?

And no one can say what might happen to you for a charge that has not yet been determined. The answer could be anywhere between nothing to state prison for the majority of your life. Who knows?

No one can predict what might happen in an unknown situation involving unknown parties with unknown criminal histories. That's why you are not getting the answers you want to hear.

- Carl

drugconvictions

Carl

Thank you for the serious answer.

I suppose I'll just have to wait and see what happens w/ them before I find out what might happen with me.

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">