• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In trouble with school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

This is a case in Texas.
So for starters I came back to my dorm/apartment one night to find that a CA (Community Adviser) had clocked into my room since my TV was left on. When she walked in she saw the bong and the beer bottles and called the police to file a report and confiscated everything. On my desk I found a receipt saying the cops came in and that they took a bong and three empty beer bottles from my room. I didn't receive a citation or ticket, just a notice that they took my stuff; however, cops from my school (Texas Tech PD) keep coming to my room to basically harass me.
They've come at lunch when I wasn't here, at 12 midnight when I wasn't here, and finally today at 7AM when I was here and sleeping. So today the cops told me they needed to come into my place and talk to me so I allowed them into my living room, and the cops wanted to search my bedroom, after I told the cop no several times he got the point and told me that he was going arrest me as soon as the DA rights up a ticket for paraphernalia and possession (even though the cops didn't find any marijuana) and there would be apparently be a warrant as soon as they wrote the ticket so they're going to come pick me up (or so they say). Can they do that? They've got me scared ****less to ever open my door? Can the cops find something then report it a few days later to the DA and put a warrant out for my arrest so they can pick me up? Do cops have the right to repeatedly come to my room to try and force me to conduct an unwarranted search?
Also since the beer bottles and paraphernalia weren't found directly on me but in my room when I wasn't there can these charges be legitimently placed on me? Also if there's resin in the bong can they give me a possession of marijuana charge for that too?

Last edited:

You Are Guilty

I've said it before and I'll say it again: there's nothing better than a Pothead Post to make you smile during a stressful day.

Thanks for posting!

Can anybody give me some actual help? I have 51 posts on this forum I refuse to believe I'm "pothead posting."

Anyways if the police already have my bong why have they not charged me for paraphernalia yet? When the two cops came to my dorm today they could have easily written me a ticket then and there and been over with it, what sense does it make to keep coming back and talking to me?

seniorjudge

Q: Anyways if the police already have my bong why have they not charged me for paraphernalia yet?

A: They have a year within which to make up their minds.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">