• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to Bust Someone For Drugs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ATENANT89

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

So essentially I know someone who is out to ruin my life and will go to all ends to do it (see my thread in the Libel section). However, all I have on her besides that she's an evil, unstable, manipulative person is that shes an occasional cocaine user.

I need to do this to get her caught buying drugs from someone, is this possible?

This is the scenario I imagined: I would get one of my friends to ask her if she wants to do some blow with him, and somehow get her in a situation where she tries to buy cocaine from an undercover cop.

Is this a feasible scenario? I have a friend who said he agreed to do it, and I am the manager of a security (bouncer) service with great contacts with the local police. I've spoken to one guy who's not in the undercover dept but he has told me that there's likely something like this can be planned and said if I am serious about the matter he will ask some of his boys in that department.

How much can I bust her for and what's the best way to do this?

Will this help in regards to any future potential legal disputes as something to bring up (and say on her character)?

Thank you.

CdwJava

They are probably not going to involve your friend to set it up because there will be no way to determine whether any undue incentive was applied. The police do not want to get accused of entrapment.

All you can really do is let the police officer know what she does and let them decide what they want to do and how they want to do it.

Unless this person is dealing, they may not be all that excited to deal with the person unless they think they can get her to roll on someone else higher up on the food chain.

CdwJava

Even if this was them doing me a favor for example?
Who are "them?"

No narcotics task force is going to just let YOU or your friends set this up - they are asking for the case to get flushed if they do.

If they are interested in what you have to say, great. If not, well, that may be about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">