• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trying to make a whole out of parts.. any input appreciated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

allshookup_oh

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

One of my friends was on probation/is on probation for simple possession of marijauna. He was doing well, six months (out of twelve) into it; paying his costs and had completed classes and service. He was on his way to court just yesterday for his monthly arraignment, I guess(?), and got arrested ON THE WAY for the same thing-- casual, simple possession-- at the bank he had stopped at to get money for court charges. I noticed his pipe was not at his house when I went there to talk with his roommate, but to my knowledge he had none of the actual drug on him. Then, this morning, I called the police department to see about getting an appointment to visit, and he was under "lockdown" "pending investigation." What does this mean? His bond was pretty high, too, 150000. He is currently in jail and has been since yesterday at 11 AM. Thanks for your input! Just a little curious and worried!

moburkes

allshookup_oh said:

One of my friends was on probation/is on probation for simple possession of marijauna. No such thing as simple possession. He was doing well, six months (out of twelve) into it; paying his costs and had completed classes and service. But, since he didn't learn his lesson the first time, and was still smoking, he wasn't doing well. He was on his way to court just yesterday for his monthly arraignment, I guess(?), and got arrested ON THE WAY for the same thing-- casual, simple possession-- at the bank he had stopped at to get money for court charges. Your friend is not very smart. You don't carry an illegal substance on the way to court. Dumb. Move. I noticed his pipe was not at his house when I went there to talk with his roommate, but to my knowledge he had none of the actual drug on him. He had something on him. Otherwise he wouldn't have been arrested. Then, this morning, I called the police department to see about getting an appointment to visit, and he was under "lockdown" "pending investigation." What does this mean? His bond was pretty high, too, 150000. He is currently in jail and has been since yesterday at 11 AM. Thanks for your input! Just a little curious and worried!
Sounds like you need some new friends.

outonbail

One of my friends was on probation/is on probation for simple possession of marijauna.
He was doing well, six months (out of twelve) into it; paying his costs and had completed classes and service. He was on his way to court just yesterday for his monthly arraignment, I guess(?), and got arrested ON THE WAY for the same thing-- casual, simple possession-- at the bank he had stopped at to get money for court charges. I noticed his pipe was not at his house when I went there to talk with his roommate, but to my knowledge he had none of the actual drug on him. Then, this morning, I called the police department to see about getting an appointment to visit, and he was under "lockdown" "pending investigation." What does this mean? His bond was pretty high, too, 150000. He is currently in jail and has been since yesterday at 11 AM. Thanks for your input! Just a little curious and worried!
It means he is not allowed out of his cell. He is not allowed visitors, phone calls or recreational activities. This can be the standard procedure when someone is arrested while on probation, which is of course, a violation of their probation.
The bail amount sounds high but I don't know what Tennessee usually sets bail at for VOP. I'm sure it makes a difference if it's felony probation vs. informal.
You can always contact a bail bondsman and they can get all the bail information including what charges he's being held on.

I noticed his pipe was not at his house when I went there to talk with his
roommate,
Gee, what reason could you possibly have had, to be looking for his pipe? Also, I find it laughable that you can say that he was doing well, paying fines, completing classes etc., even though you know he's still using. So, just in case you and your friend missed this part, let me fill you in on a little secret. The whole purpose for attending drug classes, is to help him get away from drug use. When he is successful at doing this, then he will be doing well. Because apparently, the only thing he has been doing well up to this point, is hiding his drug use from the courts and his probation officer. Doing well up until this arrest anyway.

But there's really no need for you to worry, I'm sure they sell more pipes wherever the last one was purchased.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">