• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uhhh

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

diggy

Hey everyone, I'm currently a freshman at a university and in September of 2007, I was caught smoking marijuana. My consequences were that I had to pay $75.00, do 25 service hours, random drug testing until early March (which they are yet to do, but I'm probably going to get an e-mail pretty soon), write a 3-page reflection essay, and also they put me under "Specific Probation". Now, just last month, maybe 3 weeks ago, I was caught drinking in my friends dorm and I had to go back to Student Conduct, what fun... So, I went to a Student Conduct meeting about the drinking charge, knowing my consequences which are a) Just to be flat-out Suspended or b) To actually try and prove my case at a Student Conduct Board Hearing where voluntarily students (most likely criminal justice majors, who else would do this voluntarily?), hear my case out and decide whether or not I should be able to stay at the university without being suspended.

Now this is all I know, I go back tomorrow for another meeting with an adviser at Student Conduct and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to go back once more so that someone there can help me with my case.

I make pretty decent grades, I currently have a 2.75 GPA, I did all of my marijuana consequences before the designated time, and I am a very kind person, AND I REALLY WANT TO STAY AT SCHOOL AND LEARN, and honestly, I really do not think I deserver this. Now if I did not try at school and failed every class then I would not even consider going up in front of the board but I actually do try and I actually do want to learn. My parents would kill me if I were to get suspended so I have a lot of pressure on my shoulders.

Also, when I am at the board hearing, I am going to propose that I would be willing to do lots of service hours again, and maybe that if they catch me doing anything illegal that I be kicked out of school. (BTW, 2 marijuana charges = suspension ... 3 DRINKING CHARGES = suspension, this is if your not on probation).

Do you guys have any advice, and if not, do you think I should be suspended? Also, do you think all of these students up in front of the board are going to have absolutely no sympathy for me, or maybe they will?

Thanks,
-diggy

Last edited:

Silverplum

For your thread title alone, yes, I think you should be kicked out of school.
:rolleyes:
Uhhh
Hey everyone, I'm currently a freshman at a university and in September of 2007, I was caught smoking marijuana. My consequences were that I had to pay $75.00, do 25 service hours, random drug testing until early March (which they are yet to do, but I'm probably going to get an e-mail pretty soon), write a 3-page reflection essay, and also they put me under "Specific Probation". Now, just last month, maybe 3 weeks ago, I was caught drinking in my friends dorm and I had to go back to Student Conduct, what fun... So, I went to a Student Conduct meeting about the drinking charge, knowing my consequences which are a) Just to be flat-out Suspended or b) To actually try and prove my case at a Student Conduct Board Hearing where voluntarily students (most likely criminal justice majors, who else would do this voluntarily?), hear my case out and decide whether or not I should be able to stay at the university without being suspended.

Now this is all I know, I go back tomorrow for another meeting with an adviser at Student Conduct and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to go back once more so that someone there can help me.

I make pretty decent grades, I currently have a 2.75 GPA, I did all of my marijuana consequences before the designed time, and I am a very kind person, AND I REALLY WANT TO STAY AT SCHOOL AND LEARN, and honestly, I really do not think I deserver this. Now if I did not try at school and failed every class then I would not even consider going up in front of the board but I actually do try and I actually do want to learn. My parents would kill me if I were to get suspended so I have a lot of pressure on my shoulders.

Do you guys have any advice, and if not, do you think I should be suspended? Also, do you think all of these students up in front of the board are going to have absolutely no sympathy for me?

Thanks,
-diggy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">