• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Alcohol Consumption while on unsupervised probation for marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bngreenb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

I am a college student in North Carolina. In February of this year, I pled responsible for simple possession of marijuana. I was put on what I assume is the most lenient of first offender's programs, meaning no required drug tests other than the 3 completed by a required drug class, no probation officer, etc. I was told to come back one year from that court date and if not charged with anything else, my simple possession charge would be expunged.
Unfortunately, last night in Greenville, I received a Minor Consumption of Alcohol charge, I had no alcohol in my possession, and blew a .01. ALE suspected my friends and I when seeing cases of beer next to us, but one of these friends , whom was 21 owned them and claimed responsibility for them. I had consumed one beer the entire night, and I am so terrified that this will revoke my upcoming expungement and add a further charge. I am an consistent A/B student with hopes of going to law school after graduation. The ALE officer told me these were not a big deal at all and would be dropped, but he could not guarantee me this due to my probation terms. How severe of an issue is this in my case? And what are my options? Could I possibly have this dropped completely without problems?
I spoke with my friend's father ( a lawyer) who told me that a charge this small could likely be dropped by calling the DA's office and explaining my situation

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">