• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Drinking Charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

og706

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I go to UIUC. In August, a cop randomly stopped me after I was walking along with a Powerade bottle half full with beer. I made a mistake. After he wrote me a ticket for Possesion of alcohol by persons less than 21, he claimed he stopped me because I was trying to hide the bottle, when in fact, he came from behind me, therefore, i had no reasoning to hide the bottle... ANyway, I went to court today, and plead guilty. I was hoping the judge would give me adult diversion, but instead, charged me the minimum fee of $300. The attorney then asked for a three month guardian period. I ahve NEVER had any tickets prior to this, and have never even been stopped by the cops. Now I have a drinking ticket on my record. Will this effect me getting jobs in the future? How ca i get this cleared???

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I go to UIUC. In August, a cop randomly stopped me after I was walking along with a Powerade bottle half full with beer. I made a mistake. After he wrote me a ticket for Possesion of alcohol by persons less than 21, he claimed he stopped me because I was trying to hide the bottle, when in fact, he came from behind me, therefore, i had no reasoning to hide the bottle... ANyway, I went to court today, and plead guilty. I was hoping the judge would give me adult diversion, but instead, charged me the minimum fee of $300. The attorney then asked for a three month guardian period. I ahve NEVER had any tickets prior to this, and have never even been stopped by the cops. Now I have a drinking ticket on my record. Will this effect me getting jobs in the future? How ca i get this cleared???

**A: first off you need to concentrate on education, spelling and grammar.

og706

and if I needed help with that, I would ask....

i belong to many online forums and spelling and grammar usually don't matter....

im sorry?

og706

update: it's funny that I thought by posting here, I would recieve insightful responses. I was wrong.

ironically NIKETALK, a forum about SHOES! helped me more that a site that deals with legal action...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">