• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Drinking and LSD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathelsom

Pennsylvania

15yrs old.

2 months ago I got caught at a party for underage drinking. I have never had any trouble with the law before. The officer told me to plead not guilty and to get hearing scheduled. The hearing is scheduled two weeks from now.

After that I wanted to be as careful as possible with whatever I was doing, or better yet not do anything, so not to screw thngs up before this hearing. I did.

Last week I was over a friends house and was planning to stay the night there with a few other kids. They had bought 4 strips of acid earlier that night and I took 4 hits in the span of an hour. Before I started to trip my father called me and he needed me to come home for some real important reason he needed me in the morning. My buddy definately couldn't drive me home he had taken his share of the blotter a hour earlier than me, and was in no shape to drive. I live maybe a 20 minute walk away from his house and made a very very bad decision to walk home 11:30pm thinking could make it before the kicked in.

To make that part of the story alot shorter I ended up getting the cops called on me for sitting in someones yard to take a break obviously I wasn't in good shape) and when they came they found 3 hits of acid and mandated that I go to the hospital to get blood drawn.
The only things they can find in my blood are acid and marijuana.

My dad talked to the police officers about what is going to happen to me but he has this crazy idea that they're not going to find ot about the underage drinking citation.

I get fairly good grades in school(high c's, low b's), and I even volunteer at the hospital sometimes.

what would my charges be and what kind of outcomes should I expect from these two things combined?

xylene

Did the officers find LSD on you (IE drug possession)

or did they find out that you had taken LSD?

Mathelsom

They found the LSD near the site where I was picked up. I didn't admit to it being mine, but I was given a blood test as well. -they can make the connection?

and I also don't know what kind of charges are going to filed against me.

With classes, probation, etc. what are the chances of me getting this taken off my record as an adult?

I realize I have a problem. and i'm going to do everything in my power to fix it. I'm on here because of how little I know about the legal system and for as much information I can get about my case.

Gordman

This is a circumstantial situation for you and yet you got trouble with police. At least you realize now how easy it is to get in trouble and this should teach you to be more cautious. You need a drug treatment and you need to do things right this time.

outonbail

[Q]You need to go into rehab immediately.

Your legal difficulties are the least of your problems.[/Q]

IMMEDIATELY!!! Haha thats the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.
A 15 year old is getting arrested for underage drinking. Then before that case even gets before a judge, he is again arrested with marijuana and LSD in his system and LSD in his possession. This 15 year old kid is already drinking and ingesting hard core narcotics and you think getting into rehab immediately is ridiculous?

Your either on drugs yourself, the OP's drug dealer or a complete idiot.

Possibly all of the above.

Whichever the case may be, it would be best if you would refrain from posting your unfruitful advise or comments on this site.

Read, learn or laugh, just try to keep your ignorance to yourself from now on.

outonbail

This is a circumstantial situation for you and yet you got trouble with police. At least you realize now how easy it is to get in trouble and this should teach you to be more cautious. You need a drug treatment and you need to do things right this time.
Just to clear up what I believe you're post intends to convey,,,,

The police being called out and then finding the OP, obviously under the influence of something as he's tripping on some neighbor's front lawn, is certainly not circumstantial. Then you add the lab results coming back showing there was LSD and marijuana in his system and I'd have to say that being charged with "Under the influence of a controlled substance" is a sure thing. Given the facts posted, being convicted for the charge is about a 99.9 percent probability.

The LSD being found near him, next to him or on the path he's just fallen off of, will bring possession charges as well. While some may see this coincidence as being circumstantial, it is the equivalent of a smoking gun. Combined with the facts of his being found under the influence of LSD, I can't see it being very hard for a DA to prove he was also in possession of LSD.

As far as how easy it is to get in trouble with the law, I'm sure what you mean, is that it is easy when you are drinking and consuming illegal narcotics and the caution he needs to take is to stay away from alcohol and drugs. This will most certainly require a drug treatment program as I imagine these incidents weren't the first time this kid was experimenting with illegal drugs.

Taking 4 hits of blotter acid is something I'd expect from a Timothy Leary fan attending a Grateful Dead concert, not some fifteen year old hanging out with his friends. I can't believe they didn't keep him in the hospital for observation.

mike_lee

From a more positive side.

It's quite difficult to screen for LSD, it normally can't be done locally. Even if it comes back positive it only shows probable cause. If they don't find LSD in your system then the possession charge won't stick (unless they find this forum.) The prosecutor will come at you puffing hot air about how you need to accept a plea for a lesser charge you don't want probation for the drug stuff you want a dismissal. For that you need a good lawyer (around 2.5 - 4k) It'll come from somewhere. Then be smarter in the future.

P.S. I laughed at the suggestions you need rehab. I think they have a Hollywood version of rehab in their heads you'd be a$$-raped by some meth addict the first night you lil' crack-head. HaHa

PS Don't assume an attorney is going to know the limitations of LSD testing or will research it. Find and send pertinent information from reliable sources.

Last edited:

outonbail

P.S. I laughed at the suggestions you need rehab. I think they have a Hollywood version of rehab in their heads you'd be a$$-raped by some meth addict the first night you lil' crack-head. HaHa
:cool:

I can't believe that you wouldn't think this kid needs help with his substance abuse problem. He's 15 years old!:confused:

Do you think he's on the road to a bright and prosperous future?

Reading some of the posts on this thread I'm beginning to think that it's not just the OP who has some issues to deal with,,,,, :rolleyes:

mike_lee

I can't believe that you wouldn't think this kid needs help with his substance abuse problem. He's 15 years old!

Do you think he's on the road to a bright and prosperous future?
What did he do? Have you see the kind of wastes they send to rehab? Preaching at kids is useless and I've got a failed drug war as proof. The more taboo you make something the more people do it, why is it so difficult to see that? Smoking is a prime example, you want kids to stop then QUIT TALKING ABOUT IT because whatever your against they're for.

Every single message doesn't need to contain an acid tongued condescending temperance sermon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">