• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Drinking Warrant - Underage Drinking Citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cann0n

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
This past summer, in late July, I was cited in Wildwood, NJ for underage drinking. I paid some of the fine on a small payment plan, but stopped after a short while. Recently, in late March, I received a letter telling me the city of Wildwood, NJ, issued a warrant for my arrest. :( Since I currently don't have any money, I just assumed I would save up and eventually pay it all at once. I know many people from my hometown who have received citations in Wildwood for underage drinking (it's a vacation town -- recent high school graduates spend their entire summer there) and arrest warrants for not paying their fines, and nothing had happened to them. Then, in my hometown in PA, I recently attended a small party, with 10 people. We had all been drinking when the homeowner's neighbor saw us and called the cops. When the cops arrived, we were all breathalized and issued citations for underage drinking. I am now waiting to hear when my court date for this citation will be. My question is: will the judge and police officers from my community know about my arrest warrant? I have heard from several people that the states don't communicate about that, and that's why so many people end up not even paying their fines from Wildwood. And what will happen if they do know about my Wildwood arrest warrant?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
This past summer, in late July, I was cited in Wildwood, NJ for underage drinking. I paid some of the fine on a small payment plan, but stopped after a short while. Recently, in late March, I received a letter telling me the city of Wildwood, NJ, issued a warrant for my arrest. :( Since I currently don't have any money, I just assumed I would save up and eventually pay it all at once. I know many people from my hometown who have received citations in Wildwood for underage drinking (it's a vacation town -- recent high school graduates spend their entire summer there) and arrest warrants for not paying their fines, and nothing had happened to them. Then, in my hometown in PA, I recently attended a small party, with 10 people. We had all been drinking when the homeowner's neighbor saw us and called the cops. When the cops arrived, we were all breathalized and issued citations for underage drinking. I am now waiting to hear when my court date for this citation will be. My question is: will the judge and police officers from my community know about my arrest warrant? I have heard from several people that the states don't communicate about that, and that's why so many people end up not even paying their fines from Wildwood. And what will happen if they do know about my Wildwood arrest warrant?

**A: so did you stop drinking and partying?

20pilot

Unfortunately they are not very good about communicating, so you might get away with it, but there is still some hope....

The judge is going to ask you under oath if you had ever been arrested or convicted for a similar crime. When you tell him that you have, he will look into it. If he finds out that you have blown off the punishment, he will be inclined to be a bit harsher on you. Hopefully he will lock you up till you pay his fine.

If you lie, you are committing perjury, which may be a felony in your area. Depending upon how on the ball they are, they may already know your record and may catch you on the spot. If not, a few months or years from now, a girlfriend will get pissed off at you and will rat you out to the court. Depending upon how the judge takes it (they generally get really pissed off and offended if you lie to them), you could be looking at a felony conviction and some jail time. Frankly, that would be a good thing. Hopefully some time in jail as bubba's girlfriend will give you the attitude adjustment that you so disparately need.

Last edited:

Cann0n

Haven't stopped the drinking and partying, but don't do it too much anymore. As for being Bubba's girlfriend, I'd rather not... and I don't think I need much of an attitude adjustment, just trying to get through school and do some partying while I'm at it. I didn't think that was too bad of an attitude, but if so I guess most people my age should spend some time with Bubba :( Thanks for your input though

HomeGuru

Haven't stopped the drinking and partying, but don't do it too much anymore. As for being Bubba's girlfriend, I'd rather not... and I don't think I need much of an attitude adjustment, just trying to get through school and do some partying while I'm at it. I didn't think that was too bad of an attitude, but if so I guess most people my age should spend some time with Bubba :( Thanks for your input though
**A: good response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">