+ Reply to Thread
    hansen5 is offline Junior Member

Underage and Open Intoxicants

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I was at the madison state street party and I was handed a beer as I was walking out of a bar. Before I realized it, I was arrested and given an underage as well as a open intoxicants violation. I was wondering what would be the best way to go about this. What is no contest and would it be advisable to choose that over pleading not guilty to the open intoxicant charge? I am fine with pleading guilty to the underage because there is no way around that but what is my chance of a judge believing that I was handed this beer and it was a wrong place wrong time situation?
    JETX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hansen5 View Post
    I was wondering what would be the best way to go about this.
    Gee.... sounds like GUILTY would be a good idea.

What is no contest and would it be advisable to choose that over pleading not guilty to the open intoxicant charge?
    No contest simply means that you are not 'contesting' the charge and accept the punishment.

I am fine with pleading guilty to the underage because there is no way around that but what is my chance of a judge believing that I was handed this beer and it was a wrong place wrong time situation?
    The court won't care the circumstances that lead up to you violation... only whether you were in violation.
    The court probably wouldn't believe your 'just handed' story either.
    HomeGuru is offline Senior Member
    Let me just hand JETX a compliment for a post well responded to.
    JETX is offline Senior Member
    Aw, shucks, 'bro!!!
    jennifer83 is offline Junior Member
    plead not guilty. no one will believe it but never plead gilty to anything unless there is a really good deal in doing so even if you really are guilty and they have the smoking gun. you will get community service. no big deal.
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer83 View Post
    plead not guilty. no one will believe it but never plead gilty to anything unless there is a really good deal in doing so even if you really are guilty and they have the smoking gun. you will get community service. no big deal.
    Shut up. You should NOT be giving advice on here. And how do you know OP will get community service? What else will happen to OP? Do you know? How about court costs? Loss of license?
    Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.
    The Occultist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohiogal View Post
    Shut up.
    I agreed with your entire post with that sentence alone.