• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unhappy w the lawyers offer can he get an appeal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nini100

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?connecticut... My boyfriend is a 30 year old male who has never been incarcerated...the story starts off when he got pulled over for a traffic violation and ran the plates and the color on the vin numb didn't match the color of the car so they towed it to the station and search the car after it was brought to the station and they found 36 bags of marijuanna ....they then called him to the station and said everything is fine come get the car . When he got there he was arrested for intent to sell..he plead guity to that ..don't ask why he got nrevous his first time being arrested and got 5 years probation....6 months later he was driving and came to a dui stop and they said they saw marijuanna crumbs on him...so he had to pull over and he got arrested they found 36 grams (20 bags) in the center console....however it wasn't on him nor was the car his... he was chrged w possision ...at that point he violated probation and so we hired a lawyer because the public defender only offered him 2years and he wanted and inpatient drung program or a fine . We hired a lawyer which he found and it seemed to be the biggest 3500 dollars mistake of my life. We sat and talked with him and he said it shldnt be a prob we apid him 2000 up front and 500 installments as they met....he kept offering him jail time wrote nothing down at each visit I felt he didn't put the effort in....he then said to my boyfriend 15months best offer it only stands for today he didn't want to accept it but did because he was jus tired of goin thru this and feared that if he didn't accept it he would end up doing more time ....could this attorney of ours done better than 15mon based on the info above?

ERAUPIKE

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?connecticut... My boyfriend is a 30 year old male who has never been incarcerated...the story starts off when he got pulled over for a traffic violation and ran the plates and the color on the vin numb didn't match the color of the car so they towed it to the station and search the car after it was brought to the station and they found 36 bags of marijuanna ....they then called him to the station and said everything is fine come get the car . When he got there he was arrested for intent to sell..he plead guity to that ..don't ask why he got nrevous his first time being arrested and got 5 years probation....6 months later he was driving and came to a dui stop and they said they saw marijuanna crumbs on him...so he had to pull over and he got arrested they found 36 grams (20 bags) in the center console....however it wasn't on him nor was the car his... he was chrged w possision ...at that point he violated probation and so we hired a lawyer because the public defender only offered him 2years and he wanted and inpatient drung program or a fine . We hired a lawyer which he found and it seemed to be the biggest 3500 dollars mistake of my life. We sat and talked with him and he said it shldnt be a prob we apid him 2000 up front and 500 installments as they met....he kept offering him jail time wrote nothing down at each visit I felt he didn't put the effort in....he then said to my boyfriend 15months best offer it only stands for today he didn't want to accept it but did because he was jus tired of goin thru this and feared that if he didn't accept it he would end up doing more time ....could this attorney of ours done better than 15mon based on the info above?
He could have done worse. Do you think you could have represented your drug dealing boyfriend better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">