• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unlawful manufacture of a controlled substance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

STuchsen

Washington State, Pierce County- On 4-20-2000, my future ex-wife,(divorce is final) alleges she discovered a methamphetimine lab in what was once my detatched garage,(I no longer stayed there as of 3-11-2000)so she notified the police. They came out, dusted for prints, took photos, and collected evidence. They then locked it in the shed located behind this garage. Note: many of my possessions still remained there. From the results of the prints, one jar, CLEAN, had my prints on it. I used jars to store nuts and bolts, etc. I'm a remodeler by trade. No other evidence connects me to it. My wife had entered through a window to discover what she did. Not until August 29th, 2000, were formal charges filed with the clerk. On October 3rd, 2000, I was pulled over and when my name was ran, it came back with a warrant for manufacturing of a controlled substance. I was arrested. I have no prior convictions, all they have based their conclusions on are statements from my ex-wife and 1 print on a clean jar. Under the Greenwood Act (Washington v. Greenwood 120 Wn.2d 585 (1993) it states that from the time formal papers were filed, the court has 14 days to bring you before it to answer to the charges. And after that, 90 days to either convict or aquit you, provided you do not waive your right to a speedy trial. The catch is you must file a motion to dismiss due to prejeduce at arraignment. Failure to do so means forfeiture of the right. Well, this was done. From everything I can see, I fall under the criteria but my assigned counsel isn't pursuing this. She states that in my case a warrant was immediately issued, instead of a summons, disqualifying me. Let me add, I did absolutely nothing to hide or keep anything or anyone from locating me. I went to an attorney(too expensive) for a free consultation and he agreed I met all the criteria. What are my options? How do I find out ,for sure, if my state appointed lawyer is railroading my defense. I'm innocent- this is an attempt from my now ex-wife to pay me back for getting involved with someone else. I want to add that bail was set at $25,000.00- and I'm currently free on bond. This has gone on long enough, am I eligible for this? How do I handle my lawyer?

asdf

You poor rascal. Your doomed. Give up all hope. I haven't lowered myself into a life of the law, and am not a lawyer, but I feel for you. You'll be run through a ruthless system of arbitrary procedures and uncaring bureaucrats, until your money is all spent. I feel for you.

P.S. Don't buy into the idea that laws are fair or moral.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">