• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unlawful Possesion of Controlled Substance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mizL

California:

I got pulled over had some less than an ounce of weed and two vicodin w/o prescription

I was complient and allowed for search of my car and admitted to having it. the cop said hed put a good report in for me and allowed for my car not to be impounded.

I have court tomorrow for a violation of section 11350(a) HS POSSESSION OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE. I dont think im being tried for the marijuana only the two vicodin. i have a licence to use marijuana medicinally anyways. I and was wondering what i should expect. I've heard of prop 36 and/or pc1000 but those seem like a bit much for such a minor offense in my eyes. and advice thoughts about how to go about presenting myself to the judge would help ive got some really great oppurtunities in my career within the the next month or so and being tied down to a 3 month program for meth and heroin addicts coule spell disaster for my upcoming oppurtunities.

Thanks in Advance

Matt from So Cal

CdwJava

Sorry to say, but Prop 36/PC 1000 will take longer than 3 months. Chances are your case will not even be decided in three months and the program will take about 18 months.

Do not try to do this yourself - get an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one should be assigned to you at your arraignment.

Note that your "license" is only an affirmative defense unless a county issued state ID card permitting your possession and use of "medicinal" marijuana. But, it does not appear you were charged with that, and I am not surprised given how minor marijuana possession is.

- Carl

Abd ul-Shadiid

Suboxone outpatient therapy

California:

I got pulled over had [...] two vicodin w/o prescription [...] ive got some really great oppurtunities in my career within the the next month or so and being tied down to a 3 month program for meth and heroin addicts coule spell disaster for my upcoming oppurtunities.

Thanks in Advance

Matt from So Cal
Matt, it sounds like you have an opioid addiction problem. If you and/or your attorney speak to a judge, you might be able to request that he place you on long-term probation pending successful participation in an outpatient Suboxone (buprenorphine) treatment program. I'm a recovering opioid addict (never got into trouble with the law, though, thank God!) and Suboxone treatment has helped me immensely to stay clean for around two years now. If you'd like to PM me I can give you more details on the prescription drug and how the program works, plus info on how to find a licensed Subxn-prescribing physician in your area.

Above all, get a lawyer to deal with your legal problems. And above all that, even, seek legit medical help for your addiction problems. You'll be glad you did.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">