• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UPM w/ Prior felony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

noLUCKchuck

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NEW YORK

well i got just a few questions i guess about this UPM (unlawful poession of marihuana) . I had gotten a felony about 8 years ago I was wondering will that affect the outcome of this and what are the possible outcomes of this. I was under the pretense that it should just be a fine between 50 and 250 dollars. is this so? I appreciate all your responses!!!!! Thanks, noLUCKchuck

FlyingRon

UPM is usually just a fine, and depending on just what your felony was, you might still qualify for ACD. The worst thing about UPM is it does show up as drug history on your record, which may or may not be a concern (again it would also depend on what your prior felony and its disposition was).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">