• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Urgent advice needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iceyyy

I am In WI. I ****ed up big time. There is a dorm on campus under construction, and me and a buddy broke a window that was in a semi discrete area at 2 am and jumped in since we knew it would be empty and no doors and such inside. Just to go smoke a bowl inside and do it for thrill/challenge/exploring, nothing malicious intended. We intended to go thru the boarded off window and not go in unless it was easy but we were drunk and couldnt do it so i drunkenly threw a rock at a window nearby. (criminal damage to property).

once we got inside and were loose we found a blue print with a giant sharpie next to it. Drunkenness kind of encouraged a few things to get written on it. (grafitti). We tried out a fire extinguisher since i hadnt before, smoked the bowl (maybe moved some stuff around SLIGHTLY, but no real damage or stealing) and left out the front door which happened to be broken and open. I was wearing one of the hard hats as i walked out. (burglary). We had thought all was well the next day but an email got sent to all the RAs to be on the lookout. I figured out in court someone had overheard my friend talking about the incident and reported to an ra.

I was chilling with that friend who had been overheard when the cops came in because of the tip off. they had seen a video of 2 people entering our dorm and one wiht a construction hat (me). they recognized i seemed to match the description, but not enough to confirm, and took us both in for questioning at the school PD (real cops for our school not security) patting me down to get into the car to ride there, found 2 vials of weed 1 of them had 2 1gram bags inside. they questioned us but we wouldnt talk so they sent us to jail for the night. They confiscated my phone at the campus PD, and supposedly were getting a warrant. it does have pictures of the evidence since i wanted to show friends the next day. as well as many many pictures of weed related stuff. I got the charges when i got to jail for weed i had at pat down (misd), burglary (felony), grafitti (misd), and criminal damage to property(misd). at 330 AM the jailer came in with 2 more papers. They had gotten a warrant to search both our dorm rooms for the missing hard hat and glasses. Mine came up with 30g weed and 25 bags that werent the same as the ones in vial(intent to deliver MJ felony)(it was inside tied off arm in a sweatshirt in my closet) paraphernalia(misd) and underage consumption (bottle in freezer misd). they also found bloody/dirty sweatshirt in my room, and dusty shoes and jacket in my friends. they did not find the hardhat because i had thrown it back into the construction area earlier that day before the cops came.

I am in an absolute panic. I am kicked out of residence halls for 7 days + i have a meeting with the dean tomm to determine the schools disciplinary action. So sleeping under the bridge tonight since i am not allowed in any residence hall (30 degrees f)
I am thinking i can easily drop the burglary charge in court (March 18) since its weak. but i am very concerned over the weed since over 28g is a felony anyway in WI and it is with intent to deliver. they found no scale or anything however. Someone reassure me on something i dont even know how to tell my parents i honestly just ****ed up my future

Last edited:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Duplicate thread.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/other-crimes-federal-state-4/urgent-advice-needed-603816.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">