• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Urgent Help on Possesion charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Realmjump

i was recently charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, and have a court date on mon the 10th of sept....my problem is i plan on not having a lawyer present and plan on pleading guilty, is this a good idea for a college student in kentucky? I've never had a charge before. thank you and please help.

calatty

I guess this advice is too late, but it is never a good idea to go to court without an attorney and plead guilty.

T

thepossum

It is a bad idea to plead guilty without discussing this case with a lawyer, but if you can't afford one, the court will appoint a public defender. You don't want to have this misdemenor conviction on your record when you have it deferred, reduced to an infraction, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">