• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Utah Class B Misdemeanor expungement controlled sub. 1oz or less

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

toofaaar@yahoo.

Utah. I was charged with possession of 1oz or less controlled substance and paraphenilia in March of 2003. I obtained criminal record yesterday (Jan 14, 2009) for an overseas job and they will not hire me with misdemeanor. I asked to have it expunged from record and they said it would take 8-10 weeks to get an answer. I have had no criminal arrests since but have had a traffic arrest.

Do you think they will expunge? What can I do if they do not? Thanks for your time. JoshWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Utah. I was charged with possession of 1oz or less controlled substance and paraphenilia in March of 2003. I obtained criminal record yesterday (Jan 14, 2009) for an overseas job and they will not hire me with misdemeanor. I asked to have it expunged from record and they said it would take 8-10 weeks to get an answer. I have had no criminal arrests since but have had a traffic arrest.

Do you think they will expunge? What can I do if they do not? Thanks for your time. JoshWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Utah Expungement Law Law Summary and Law Digest

I did not look through all of it but it appears misdemeanors have a 3-5 year waiting period. Call an attorney or who you used to handle the case-- probably cost you around 350-500 dollars to get this removed. Good Luck....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">