• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Utah Marijuana offence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tequila

What is the name of your state? Utah
I really hope that someone can help!!! About 2 months ago a group of close friends and I were going camping at a spot (in the middle of nowhere) in Utah. We have camped at this spot on numerous occasions and have never had a problem with anyone. On this particular trip my I had to work so I was going up there the next morning. They arrived friday night and had been sitting around the fire for a couple of hours when one of my female friends went to the woods to pee. She suddenly saw something in the dark move. When they flashed a light in the direction of the noise a game warden jumped out and said frreze police. It was about 1 am and he scared the hell out of them. He made everyone sit down and told them they were not allowed to have a campfire (which was posted nowhere around). He then proceded to tell them to take out the illegal substance. (About 3 hours earlier one of my friends took out a pipe and passed it around one time then put it away.) My friends were stunned due to the fact that it was only out for a second and that it had been so long ago. He had been hiding in the bushes for hours while my friends were sitting around the fire and peeing in the woods. When my friends went to court they pled not guilty. They were then given the option to pleed guilty and get probation for a year to keep it off their records. They told them it was no big deal and that they would probably drop even that in a couple of months. None of my friends have ever been in trouble and we are all in our early thirties. So unfortunatly they did. My one friend was called to report 2 and a half weeks later. He had not smoked since the day of court and did not plan on doing it again. When he went in it was his first pee of the morning. His test came back dirty. He told the PO that he had smoked the day of court but that was it. When he knew he was going to have random tests he quit. They told him that marijuana did not stay in your system that long. He has tested clean 8 times since but it doesn't matter and he has to go back to court next week. He was never even arrested initially. They have been lied to on numerous occasions. He has been threatened with jail time. Any advice about Utah's court ?
The pot and pipe were't even his and my other friend admitted to it but since he touched the pipe he was charged too...system...What is the name of your state?

Last edited:

pleading guilty was a mistake, prosecutors are generally corrupted and you can believe nothing they say.

The judge should see the 8 cleans as evidence the paroal is being met...they have worse to deal with than that:)

Tequila

Thank you..

Thank you for the support!! :) All comments are appreciated!!! The "Gamewarden" has a reputation for stalking and then charging people with all sorts of offenses.:(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">