• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violated bond by testing dirty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Godsgirl

What is the name of your state? Ohio My son stole some potato chips in a small town and got arrested. They found about 1 1/2 oz of weed on him and 2 prescription pills and charged him with and just found him guilty of conveyance. His probation officer decided to test him for drugs and he tested dirty for cocaine and mariguana. They insinuated they would have let him leave on his current bond had he been honest. Can he be charged with a new drug charge? What could he be facing? Also his court appointed lawyer says it does "look good" because he is not being honest with the probation officer and they make the recommendation for his sentencing. What should he do? I haven't been able to talk to him since he was arrested, but hope see him tomorrow.

FlyingRon

Being honest about what?

Bond for what?

It's unlikely that a drug test would lead to new drug charges, but depending on where he was in his probation, he may be guilty of violating that probation and that could get him back in jail on the original charge.

However, there's something here you're not saying. Did he commit another crime, was he charged with something?

Godsgirl

He was on bond for having drugs on him when he was arrested for stealing the potato chips... He had on him 1 1/2 oz of marijuana and two prescription pills on him when he went into the facility when he was arrested. He was on bond until his trial. Well, he just had the trial a little over a week ago and he was found guilty. They would have let him continue on bond until the sentencing, but since he tested dirty they kept him.

Godsgirl

Oh, I forgot to mention they didn't think he was being honest about how he tested dirty for cocaine in his system. He states he did not ingest the cocaine, he states he handled it only. He said that some friends he was staying with had some cocaine within reach of some little kids that lived in the household and he moved it. He said there was quite a bit of it. I don't know anything about cocaine, but can it be absorbed in your system by your just handling it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">