• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

violated my unsupervised probation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

notfeelinlucky

(Ohio) About a year ago I was put on unsupervised probation for two years for disorderly conduct. I was recent was ticketed and given a summons to appeal for unlawfully did knowingly posses a controlled substance to W77: ( unsure what W77 is, but that's what the officer wrote) marijunana in an amount less than 100 grams. I was sitting in my car in the parking lot of my apt. Around 4am with one of my friends smoking a joint when a cop tapped on my window with his flash light. I had nothing on me or in my car. My friend put the joint out in his can of pop real fast but still had a bag with no more than .5 grams in his hand still. It was his, and he told the cop that. They took his weed and searched my car. What should I expect when I go to court? Fines and supervised probation? Id hate to have to work my ass off to come up with $1500 for a lawyer so I don't get jail time, but I can't afford to miss work. I mean technically I don't think the cop saw me hit the joint... I have a feeling the judge will ask me my job status and tell me I'm not elligable for a public defender and reschedule to a later date that I must have a lawyer. I don't know whether to fight it or pled guilty... I'm just nervous that this is going to cost me more than I want. I'm looking for any advice soon. I have court in 3 days.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">