• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation Notice- Possession in national park

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KCHoping

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

My boyfriend and I were traveling on Blue Ridge Parkway and came up to a DUI checkpoint. The ranger thought that he could smell marijuana and had us pull over and he searched the car. He found a pipe and a under a gram of marijuana. We were each issued a us district court violation notice. 36 cfr 2.35 (b) (2) and my boyfriend was also given a violation for possession of paraphernalia 18 USC 13 NCGS 90-113.21. We have the option of paying the 3 tickets- each for $275 or going to court. We are planning to retain a lawyer because I intend to apply to med school in two years and I'm trying to remove this from record. I'm not sure if the violation tickets are misdemeanor charges. What are the possible outcomes if we hire a lawyer? This is the first offense for both of us and we've never been in this position before.
Thanks,
Kay

dmliu

same situation

Hello,
I just experienced the same situation. I was issued a $275 ticket for possession of marijuana in Mammoth Caves National Park by a ranger this weekend. I am applying to pharmacy school this year, and I was wondering what the outcome of your situation was. Did you simply pay the fine as "no contest" or did you appear in court? I'm pretty sure that this will stay on our records since it was issued on the federal level. How has this affected you in your academic pursuits?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">