• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation of Probation ~ old charge DUI. New charge: Under the influence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wedrowned

Los Angeles, California

3 years ago I was convicted for a DUI (of a controlled substance). I was placed on probation in which time I attended and completed a rehabiliation program followed by a sober living.

I was nearing the end of my probational period when I caught my new case. Around 21 days ago I was arrested for an 11-5-50, under the influence of a controlled substance.

I have court in a month, and can't control my apprehension. What type/kind of punishment am I looking at? Obviously, an extension of probation is expected. How long are these extensions, generally?

Can these charges (including my DUI) be expunged after my probational period?

wedrowned

I should also add that immediately after my arrest, and subsequent jail time, I moved into a sober living. This, I'm sure, will affect the results of my hearing?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">