• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visiting a common nuisance and being a dealers girlfriend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

griffithwes

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

Myself and 6 others were in an apartment together. The police had "probable cause" because of the odor of marijuana. We all got visiting a common nuisance. I had a scale, plastic bags, marijuana, and a few pipes. So i also got charged with minor possession, intent to distribute, and paraphernalia.

My girlfriend was there and only got charged with Visting A Common Nuisance. But my question is if she could be in any more trouble just for being a "dealer's" girlfriend. She had nothing to do with it but others are telling me that shes going to get in more trouble just because she's dating me. If she admits to knowing i smoked but not that i dealt shouldn't she be fine? She and i are both really worried and havent gotten to talk to a lawyer yet so help would be greatly appreciated. Oh and she doesn't live with me if that makes a difference in anything.

FlyingRon

Dating with you or living with you is not illegal. If it's discovered that she assisted with your drug dealing (even though she didn't hold the goods or take direct part in the transaction) she could be charged with that.

She should keep her mouth shut and get a lawyer (as should you).

Police have a pretty good way of catching druggies in fabricated stories.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">