• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WA. Pulled over, arrested for some bud. evidence collection seemed odd.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Goggletan4life

Washington state. possession of marijuana. 00.1 grams or less found in vehicle.

I got pulled over in november for speeding, and the cop said he smelt bud and arrested me. He and another cop searched my car, but I wasn't worried cause my hiding place has never been discovered. They were "collecting evidence" in a grocery outlet shopping bag.. Is that proper evidence collection? enough to get the "evidence" dismissed? Maybe its just watching to much CSI. but a shopping bag..?

Anyways, they were standing outside the patrol car I was in, talking and one said "I think i found some on the carpet. but nothing really." They still gave me the possession charge though.

Now in the officers report he said he found a bag of bud, but on the case evidence sheet he wrote 0.1 grams or less or bud. My actual bag was still in my hiding place untouched when I got my car back. lol

Anyone see something that could get me off? I really dont wanna lose my license for a year...

Thanks alot!

Antigone*

Washington state. possession of marijuana. 00.1 grams or less found in vehicle.

I got pulled over in november for speeding, and the cop said he smelt bud and arrested me. He and another cop searched my car, but I wasn't worried cause my hiding place has never been discovered. They were "collecting evidence" in a grocery outlet shopping bag.. Is that proper evidence collection? enough to get the "evidence" dismissed? Maybe its just watching to much CSI. but a shopping bag..?

Anyways, they were standing outside the patrol car I was in, talking and one said "I think i found some on the carpet. but nothing really." They still gave me the possession charge though.

Now in the officers report he said he found a bag of bud, but on the case evidence sheet he wrote 0.1 grams or less or bud. My actual bag was still in my hiding place untouched when I got my car back. lol

Anyone see something that could get me off? I really dont wanna lose my license for a year...

Thanks alot!
The FA Crystal Ball is on vacation. I wanna(sic) pony but I don't think my mommy will get me one either, so I guess we're both not getting what we want.

CdwJava

He and another cop searched my car, but I wasn't worried cause my hiding place has never been discovered.
Suggestion number one" Stp transporting dope! That sort of thing can land you in jail, and cause you to lose your car!

They were "collecting evidence" in a grocery outlet shopping bag.. Is that proper evidence collection? enough to get the "evidence" dismissed? Maybe its just watching to much CSI. but a shopping bag..?
Shopping bags are cheap and often donated by local grocery outlets. Pre-printed evidence bags are pricey. If they run a DNA or or forensic analysis on the evidence, maybe you can complain ... assuming the bags were previously used, you might have a point in that case. But, since very little is actually sent off for forensics, this is not likely to be an issue at all.

Your attorney can argue that they did not have a usable amount and can move for charges to be dismissed. Just be lucky that they did not tow the car with the intent of obtaining a warrant to take the car apart.

Suggestion number two: Clean up. It will avoid a host of problems in the future.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">