• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Want to know what to expect...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

badluck777

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

Hi, I'm a 17 year old male. I am inquiring to find out what type of punishment I can expect for a possession of paraphernalia charge. I was driving off of an exit (completely legal driver, junior license) and ran a stop sign in front of an undercover police officer who in turn pulled me over. I am being charged with the traffic violation as well as possession of drug paraphernalia because he claimed he smelled marijuana in the car and consequently searched my vehicle. I cooperated accordingly and told him what he would find and where to find it within my car, which was a pipe with less than a gram of resin in it and an empty, unmarked prescription pill bottle which I'd used for storing my marijuana. My parents have been in contact with said officer and we have been told that I am in fact going to be charged as a juvenile. Any details regarding what sort of outcome I could expect from this are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

Hi, I'm a 17 year old male. I am inquiring to find out what type of punishment I can expect for a possession of paraphernalia charge. I was driving off of an exit (completely legal driver, junior license) and ran a stop sign in front of an undercover police officer who in turn pulled me over. I am being charged with the traffic violation as well as possession of drug paraphernalia because he claimed he smelled marijuana in the car and consequently searched my vehicle. I cooperated accordingly and told him what he would find and where to find it within my car, which was a pipe with less than a gram of resin in it and an empty, unmarked prescription pill bottle which I'd used for storing my marijuana. My parents have been in contact with said officer and we have been told that I am in fact going to be charged as a juvenile. Any details regarding what sort of outcome I could expect from this are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
If convicted you MIGHT have issues applying for financial aid. You may be able to get in a diversion program where you will be drug tested and required to do other things. Certain careers may be foreclosed upon you.

badluck777

We're definitely looking into hiring an attorney, can anyone tell me what I can expect to receive though? Probation, drug-testing, comm. service, etc?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
We're definitely looking into hiring an attorney, can anyone tell me what I can expect to receive though? Probation, drug-testing, comm. service, etc?
The FA crystal ball has been shipped out for repairs. At least that's what the repair shop said; but it's been a couple of years now. I personally think that it's stuck in a cabinet in the back of their shop. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">