• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stregg

What is the name of your state? Michigan

if I have an open warrant in one County and I move back to another about 150 miles away, how will the warrant work? will they come pick me up at my old home?

also, if I go to the courthouse in the original county for a court date, would they arrest me on the spot for the other warrant out, or would that not come up?

also, is unwitting possession a valid defense in MI?

CalifAtty-1

stregg said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

if I have an open warrant in one County and I move back to another about 150 miles away, how will the warrant work? will they come pick me up at my old home?

also, if I go to the courthouse in the original county for a court date, would they arrest me on the spot for the other warrant out, or would that not come up?

also, is unwitting possession a valid defense in MI?

My response:

Who told you to come here in an attempt to obtain information to assist you from the Long Arm of the law? Since you have a Warrant, deal with it.

IAAL

stregg

CalifAtty-1 said:
My response:

Who told you to come here in an attempt to obtain information to assist you from the Long Arm of the law? Since you have a Warrant, deal with it.

IAAL
I'm moving home from college, not to escape the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">