• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

we need some help!!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

branson123

What is the name of your state? missouri
I am filled with questions. First off this is for my step dad. he got arrested and they charged him with 2 class b and one class a felony's. 2 delivery and one within 2000 feet of a school. In the mean time they searched the house and arrested my mother they found paraphenalia and a little bit of marijuana. They also found guns but they are all legal. We got my mom out. We got them both the same attorney because it was two seperate counties. Now the lawyer went for bond reduction a week ago and got nothing accomplished. His bond is 300,000 cash only. we can't use bondsmen even. Now we (my husband and I) aren't in control now that my mom is out and she has fired the attorney. After we gave him 15,000.00 cash. Now he doesn't want to give any money back off the retainer and now my step dad don't have a lawyer retained for his court in 6 days. We don't know what to do. Is there anything he can say at this next hearing to get the bond reduced and does thee lawyer have to give any monies back? he had 2 two hour consultations and two court appearances. His retainer for each person was 5,000 but we gave him an extra 5,000 in advance so in case we didn't have it in that lump some again for a while. WE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!
:(What is the name of your state? missouri

magic55

Tell your mother to call the lawyer and apologize. Beg for him to come back.

Then do you and your husband a big favor and stay out of your parents legal troubles. You spent 15k for nothing. Let them spend the money. Dont bail them out or they wont learn. You have to really watch out for yourselves in this mess as well. Becareful and Good luck.

-Magic

smutlydog

branson123 said:
What is the name of your state? missouri
I am filled with questions. First off this is for my step dad. he got arrested and they charged him with 2 class b and one class a felony's. 2 delivery and one within 2000 feet of a school. In the mean time they searched the house and arrested my mother they found paraphenalia and a little bit of marijuana. They also found guns but they are all legal. We got my mom out. We got them both the same attorney because it was two seperate counties. Now the lawyer went for bond reduction a week ago and got nothing accomplished. His bond is 300,000 cash only. we can't use bondsmen even. Now we (my husband and I) aren't in control now that my mom is out and she has fired the attorney. After we gave him 15,000.00 cash. Now he doesn't want to give any money back off the retainer and now my step dad don't have a lawyer retained for his court in 6 days. We don't know what to do. Is there anything he can say at this next hearing to get the bond reduced and does thee lawyer have to give any monies back? he had 2 two hour consultations and two court appearances. His retainer for each person was 5,000 but we gave him an extra 5,000 in advance so in case we didn't have it in that lump some again for a while. WE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!
:(What is the name of your state? missouri
I agree with magic55
The last thing you want is to be at odds with the attorney. Your mother is doing more harm than good.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">