• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

weed mishap

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

magicman89

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

My friend recently picked up his friend and they were smoking weed in the car, the driver didn't have his lights on and got pulled over where the cops smelled the smoke, there was a bowl and less than a gram of bud in the car, they searched it and found just that. my friend said that the cops were checking their phones and he remembers it having information that involved meeting up etc, even though the cops gave back both their phones, could this incriminate them? also if the driver was 21 and the passenger was 16 could those pose a problem too? my friend said that the cop that was the nicer one offered that if my friend helped them out on where he got it from etc, they would pretend as if all that mishap did not happen, is that just police bull crap or can things actually work that way for my friend?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
You don't say if your friends were charged and what they were charged with.

If they were charged then it's a little late to pretend nothing happened.

magicman89

d

yeah my friend said he has not gotten any charges because the cop said he will have some other drug agency contact me for him to help them and he has like a year to put any charges so he said if my friend helps them they'll help him kinda, is this just bogus or are they serious when they mean that?

HomeGuru

yeah my friend said he has not gotten any charges because the cop said he will have some other drug agency contact me for him to help them and he has like a year to put any charges so he said if my friend helps them they'll help him kinda, is this just bogus or are they serious when they mean that?
**A: hard to tell. Do they look like bogus cops?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">