• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can he do???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zlucks

A friend of mine and 3 of his friends were arrested for possesion of a controlled substance. They were residing down this dirt road and they were just about to leave when a police officer came. The police officer pulled them over and asked my friend (the driver) to step out and answer some questions. Then he asked the others to step out of the car and talked to them. The officer then called another officer to come to help search the car. The police officer said he had reasonable cause to search the car. After all was said and done, they found a few resignated pipes and some bongs as well as a small bag of pot. They also found a scale, all by itself in a back pack in the back. The occupants were all charged with possesion of a controlled substance except for the driver. Upon possesion, he was also charged with transportation and intent to distribute. This was also his first offence. Whats going to happen to the driver and what should he do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

A friend of mine and 3 of his friends were arrested for possesion of a controlled substance. They were residing down this dirt road and they were just about to leave when a police officer came. The police officer pulled them over and asked my friend (the driver) to step out and answer some questions. Then he asked the others to step out of the car and talked to them. The officer then called another officer to come to help search the car. The police officer said he had reasonable cause to search the car. After all was said and done, they found a few resignated pipes and some bongs as well as a small bag of pot. They also found a scale, all by itself in a back pack in the back. The occupants were all charged with possesion of a controlled substance except for the driver. Upon possesion, he was also charged with transportation and intent to distribute. This was also his first offence. Whats going to happen to the driver and what should he do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

**A: why should you care? These should be no friends of yours.

Antigone*

He should get an attorney. You should get new friends:D

zlucks

what can he do?

I seriously need advice on this matter, Whats gonna happen to my friend if this is his first offence? also what can he do to help himself?

Antigone*

I seriously need advice on this matter, Whats gonna happen to my friend if this is his first offence? also what can he do to help himself?
Our crystal ball is out of order so we can't tell you what will happen to your friend. He should do as we already said ~ GET COUNSEL!!!

Some Random Guy

Once you get a lawyer, the lawyer can investigate that line about "The police officer said he had reasonable cause to search the car".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">