• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What class felony is Tampering with consumer product

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hlpmevlrmyname

Recently arrested by feds for Tampering with a consumer product...I was anot agency nurse in a NH and reported to my superior that I had found a narcotic card with tape on the back now they are trying to say that it was me who did it I been a nurse for 10 years with no previous issues in my field with no prior criminal history and I'm afraid they're trying to send me to jail....I have no idea how to prove I DIDN'T do something...and have no previous experience with being arrested...

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
For someone who claims to be a nurse you sure write horribly.

You need an attorney, not an internet forum.

quincy

Recently arrested by feds for Tampering with a consumer product...I was anot agency nurse in a NH and reported to my superior that I had found a narcotic card with tape on the back now they are trying to say that it was me who did it I been a nurse for 10 years with no previous issues in my field with no prior criminal history and I'm afraid they're trying to send me to jail....I have no idea how to prove I DIDN'T do something...and have no previous experience with being arrested...
You were arrested for what sort of consumer product tampering? Putting tape on the back of a narcotic card? I am not sure I understand what you are saying.

If you were arrested for consumer product tampering, however, you are in desperate need of a good criminal defense attorney. Here is a link to the law, 18 US Code §1365: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1365

Hlpmevlrmyname

I was upset and writing in a hurry....I didn't ask for a spelling lesson. I have an attorney. I don't understand why people feel the need to be so judgemental. Does it make you feel better about yourself? To try and degrade people. All I was asking, (hence the title), was which class of charges is this? I assure you I am well educated. People get emotional, and the last thing we need is someone trying to tell them that they write horribly. Thanks, but after its posted there is no edit option.

FlyingRon

Get the chip off your shoulder. The real issue is that your post is near illegible. You have an attorney. Why are you not listening to him?

What the penalty range ends up depending on how successful you are:

(1) in the case of an attempt, be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both;
(2) if death of an individual results, be fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both;
(3) if serious bodily injury to any individual results, be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both; and
(4) in any other case, be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.​

Are you "nellie?" Did you tape the narcotic card back together after a pill "popped off" the back. It doesn't do well to shop different stories around. I hope you are more truthful with you attorney. It's essential for him to determine how to defend you. Your lawyer will also point out it is ill-advised to go around posting possibly incriminating information in internet forums. You should be speaking to nobody but him if you have been charged.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I was upset and writing in a hurry....I didn't ask for a spelling lesson. I have an attorney. I don't understand why people feel the need to be so judgemental. Does it make you feel better about yourself? To try and degrade people. All I was asking, (hence the title), was which class of charges is this? I assure you I am well educated. People get emotional, and the last thing we need is someone trying to tell them that they write horribly. Thanks, but after its posted there is no edit option.
Speak to your attorney :rolleyes:

Hlpmevlrmyname

No...I am not Nellie...whomever that is...I asked a simple question regarding a felony class...it's not incriminating myself by saying I didn't do something...just a question. You would have a chip on your shoulder too if your life were being turned upside down, without merit. But thanks for the advice.

Silverplum

So when you criticized the intelligence of the "(not) Good Samaritan," you were adding value? https://forum.freeadvice.com/arrests-searches-warrants-procedure-26/unlucky-me-630476.html#post3451503

:rolleyes:

Hlpmevlrmyname

Yes...she made a bad moral decision...admittedly....You people told her she's what's wrong with the counary and to turn her kids over to cps...I think my comment was much less abrasive. But hey I'm only the one asking for advice...what do I know.

Silverplum

Yes...she made a bad moral decision...admittedly....You people told her she's what's wrong with the counary and to turn her kids over to cps...I think my comment was much less abrasive. But hey I'm only the one asking for advice...what do I know.
Frankly, if you're asking for legal help, you are not in a position to babble in threads that belong to others. :rolleyes:

And yes, Genius, you can edit your posts.

FlyingRon

Maybe your first post (and your last one) makes sense to you, but without using sentences, full words, and proper punctuation, it's an unintelligible run-on mess. In fact, I had to google 'narcotics card' to understand why 'tape' would be consider tampering. I found a post by someone who sounds a lot like you in another forum who attempted to reseal a damaged drug package (whose username was Nellie).

I answered your question as best as could be determined with your incomplete and incoherent expression (as well as giving you sound legal advice even though you didn't ask for it). Frankly, I've lost interest in your abuse of everybody in this forum. Listen to your attorney, he's being paid to be abused. We're volunteers.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
That mess has exactly one period in it. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">