• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do and what's gonna happen?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hossing

Please, can anyone give me legal advice on possible possession charges.

While I was in school, the narcotics agents came to my appartment (Georgia,CherokeeCounty) and after my girlfriend, who stays with me there a lot, gave them permission to come in, searched my entire appartment and found a 6 month old plate with traces of cocaine in my desk.
After questioning my girlfriend for a while they left with the evidence and then I came home.
So far almost 3 weeks have passed and I've never personally seen any agent or police, but I've been keeping constant phone contact with the head agent. He urged me to set up a meeting with him, so we can work something out, like helping him busting a dealer. I page him every day and everytime he calls back he is doing another bust or is to busy to meet up with me and tells me to page him back tomorrow. He has also informed me that he has send the plate to a lab and if the results come back positive he said "Your gonna be screwed buddy". My questions are: Why have almost 3 weeks past by and nothing has happened? What sentence am I possibly facing for a trace of cocaine on a plate? Do I make a deal with the agent and how can I be assured of this deal? The cocaine on the plate is over 6 months old and wasn't even mine, how can I proof that? I'm a hardworking student that stays out of touble, is there anything I can do to proof that to the judge so he might lessen the sentence?
PLEASE, if anyone can help me out with some usefull information I will be highly thankfull. I'm just trying to graduate college and I don't want to be a convicted felon. :(

Last edited:

L

lawrat

Cocaine will screw up your life, it already has. Trying to go to college and then using cocaine, as well? What are you? George Bush Jr?

Okay, here is what you do college boy. Get a lawyer -- think of it as a college expense. Books, tuition, criminal lawyer.

www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">