• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What makes it a "Federal" charge?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alleyceree

What is the name of your state? Georgia I have a friend that was in a situation that he shot off a sawed-off shotgun at a Meter checker in his yard,and was charged with disorderly conduct,and being in possession of an illegal weapon. He did'nt go to court for these charges,and the ATF,Fugitive Squad,U.S. Marshalls came after him for the "no show",and say that they are Federal charges now. ...When did it become a "Federal" case? How long can my friend get as far as time for this? p.s.-He has a bond for 15,000,but has a hold on him in another county for more charges.

CdwJava

In my area it is a habit that when our local DA drops a case that we think should be moved along, it is forwarded to the feds ... drugs, guns, fraud, money - all can attract the feds' attention at times.

- Carl

2901bruce

alleyceree said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia I have a friend that was in a situation that he shot off a sawed-off shotgun at a Meter checker in his yard,and was charged with disorderly conduct,and being in possession of an illegal weapon. He did'nt go to court for these charges,and the ATF,Fugitive Squad,U.S. Marshalls came after him for the "no show",and say that they are Federal charges now. ...When did it become a "Federal" case? How long can my friend get as far as time for this? p.s.-He has a bond for 15,000,but has a hold on him in another county for more charges.
Your "friend" sounds like a realllllllllllllllll loser. For the sake of society, let's hope that he goes to prison for a long, long, time!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">