• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my chances of being acquitted?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kichbr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I was pulled over for speeding. I had a passenger in the car. The cop claimed he smelled marijuana, but I don't smoke, and I don't let people smoke in my car, and I didn't smell it on my passenger when he got in the car. He asked if I knew of any illegal drugs in my car, and I said no and he asked to search and I said okay. He found a bag with half a blunt and a pipe in it. The passenger took the blame for both of them, but I was still arrested. I had no clue of the marijuana and paraphernalia in my car, I am assuming that the items belong to the passenger. I have court in a month. This is my first offense, I took a drug test the day after I was released from jail (I was only in jail for 12 hours) , I came out negative. Also I am a college student, who will need student aid to attend universities after I complete my sophomore year at community college. I guess my question is what are my chances of being found, not guilty or getting my case dismissed due to my financial aid status? I really can't afford to have a conviction on my record, I am only 18.

Thank You

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">