• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should he do in drug case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tecjr29

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Hi, how are you today. I have some questions about some things in my boyfriends case. He is being Charged with drug traffing cocaine. The charges are three felony 3s cocaine and two felony 4s marajuna. The felony 4s he's not worried about. The felony 3s is whats questionable. This is the case. The evidence on the F3s is an informant, they have no marked money, no pics of the transaction, and no video. There is 3 tapes they have, and 2 tapes for the F3s, there is nothing but a call from the informant to my boyfriend, nothing illegal is dicussed, just only his voice and informants voice, and thats it, no transaction or nothing. On the third tape it is the same thing but this time my boyfriend tells him that he can get him some marajuana. There is nothing else on the tapes at all about trafficing cocaine. So my question is. Is there enough evidence to convict him and how should he go about those charges? And another thing my boyfriend has never been in trouble with the law and the informant has been in prison for five years and is still going through legal matters. My boyfriends Public defender is telling my him to Plea to two of the F3s and one of the F4s. But my boyfriend keeps on telling me he is not quilty on any of the F3s. And Should he take it to trial?

FlyingRon

He should be worried about any felony charge. He should have a lawyer and his lawyer should be looking into the prosecution's case against him. Witness testimony (barring some impeachment of the witness's credibility) is sufficient to convict him. We don't have the bill of particulars here, but if he threw in some cocaine with the marijuana transaction, that will suffice to count as a cocaine distribution even if it was a free sample, or just a shared hit with the customer from the other paying transaction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">