• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should I do in regards to my drug possession case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alvjo1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky
Back around August 2015 I was arrested in Louisville, KY for possession of a controlled substance which was Meth. Originally it was a traffic stop in which my friend was driving. In short, police officers asked me if they can search me I said yes, so they did and they found nothing on me. Then they went ahead a searched my bag which was inside my friends car and that's when they found my pipe and little bit of meth. I was then arrested and booked. Days later I spoke with an attorney about my case, she agreed to represent me telling me that I wouldn't have to go to court she would go on my behalf. So I was confident in her and paid her an initial 800 to begin the process of my case. Weeks went by eventually months, unforeseen events happened in my life such as job loss and apartment eviction which I totally forgot about my case. But since no word from attorney I thought and felt it was all over. Well I'm back in San Diego, CA with my family, I found out through a background check for a new job that I have a bench warrant for failure to appear in court for my possession of controlled substance case. The attorney I hired never did anything nor did she notify me of anything. So I pretty much gave her 800 for nothing. I called the District Attorneys clerk office and she said I have two options. 1 to hire a defense attorney or option 2 to go to the district attorney's office and tell them that I want to revamp my case so I can get a new court date and that I would have to plead guilty and then I'll be able to go through the process and get this resolved. So should I go straight to the district attorney's office and ask to revamp my case for a new court date? Or should I hire a defense attorney and have them take care of getting me a court date? Also, the clerk stated I wouldn't be arrested if I go to their office to ask about getting my case revamp. Is that true?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky
Back around August 2015 I was arrested in Louisville, KY for possession of a controlled substance which was Meth. Originally it was a traffic stop in which my friend was driving. In short, police officers asked me if they can search me I said yes, so they did and they found nothing on me. Then they went ahead a searched my bag which was inside my friends car and that's when they found my pipe and little bit of meth. I was then arrested and booked. Days later I spoke with an attorney about my case, she agreed to represent me telling me that I wouldn't have to go to court she would go on my behalf. So I was confident in her and paid her an initial 800 to begin the process of my case. Weeks went by eventually months, unforeseen events happened in my life such as job loss and apartment eviction which I totally forgot about my case. But since no word from attorney I thought and felt it was all over. Well I'm back in San Diego, CA with my family, I found out through a background check for a new job that I have a bench warrant for failure to appear in court for my possession of controlled substance case. The attorney I hired never did anything nor did she notify me of anything. So I pretty much gave her 800 for nothing. I called the District Attorneys clerk office and she said I have two options. 1 to hire a defense attorney or option 2 to go to the district attorney's office and tell them that I want to revamp my case so I can get a new court date and that I would have to plead guilty and then I'll be able to go through the process and get this resolved. So should I go straight to the district attorney's office and ask to revamp my case for a new court date? Or should I hire a defense attorney and have them take care of getting me a court date? Also, the clerk stated I wouldn't be arrested if I go to their office to ask about getting my case revamp. Is that true?
You admitted on the internet that you had meth on you. Since you admitted that you are guilty, you might as well plead guilty unless you can hire an attorney in KY. Did you call your attorney and ask her what the heck happened?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">