• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What shows up on a background check in ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Christie21miah2

I live in ohio, 2 years ago I was found guilty of a felony 5, but never went to felony court, only misdemeanor court. I got 2 yrs of non reporting probation and it was dropped. Then about 6 months ago I got a misdemeanor for Marijuana and it was a pay out ticket. My question is what will show up on my BCI? I had one done for a job that I have already started but they haven't received it yet..please help!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I live in ohio, 2 years ago I was found guilty of a felony 5, but never went to felony court, only misdemeanor court. I got 2 yrs of non reporting probation and it was dropped. Then about 6 months ago I got a misdemeanor for Marijuana and it was a pay out ticket. My question is what will show up on my BCI? I had one done for a job that I have already started but they haven't received it yet..please help!
Were you truthful on your application? If you weren't, they may refuse to hire you based on that, not the record itself.

Christie21miah2

Were you truthful on your application? If you weren't, they may refuse to hire you based on that, not the record itself.
the application didn't ask anything like that, they have already hired me, I've been there for 2.5 months now. Just scared when it comes back that I will lose my job.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
In any state, what shows up on a background check depends entirely on how thorough a check is run. There is not, in any state, a fixed definition of "background check" that is true in all cases. It depends entirely on who is doing the checking and how deep a check they run.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">