• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is worst/best scenario PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bethy

PA - my 21 yr old daughter just got arrested on Tuesday. She was pulled over for running a redlight in a tiny local town known for lots of police stops. She was stopped in the same place June 06 months ago and cited w/ possession of pot. Only given a fine. In Sept. 06, she was stopped and then approved for ARD program for 1 year on charges of theft, reciving stolen property (I did not know about this one until today so I don't know any more details). This past Tuesday, she was stopped for running a redlight, and when the police wanted to ck out her purse etc., a small amt. of pot, a scale and a huge amt. of money was confiscated, her car towed and her being put in jail on a 75k bail. She has a court date of Tuesday. I know the scale is the main kicker here and she is being charged w/ possession and intent to sell (along w/ the red light).

Also, she was told if she cooperates and tells who she got her pot from, she may get leniency, but the seller has threatened to kill her if she does. I am almost a basket case at this point but want to be prepared for the worst.

Can anyone tell me what the best/worst scenario will be when she's seen by the judge on Tuesday? It's in Bucks County. She was one of those Honor straight A students in H.S. until the end of her Sr. year got wrapped up w/ the wrong people...What is the name of your state?

FlyingRon

She needs a good lawyer.

She's most likely blown the ARD probation and faces those charges in addition to distribution charges on the new offense.

She also needs to learn that if she is going to transport drugs she needs to stop at stop signs especially in targetted enforcement areas.

At the best she'll probably get more probation (subsequent to a conviction this time, not ARD).
At worst she can spend some time in jail.

Bethy

update....

my daughter was under the impression if she "helped" by dropping names etc., she could possibly just be charged w/ the redlight drive-thru.

met w/ detective and attorney and the felony will not be dropped. My daughter has had a history of (3) suicide attempts and she feels her life is over (age 21) and I am a basket case trying to keep her from doing the ultimate. She has been a tough-love kid who rents a room from an elderly (and unaware of anything) woman. My daughter's court date is Feb. 5, but was told at bare minimum she'll have probation at this point, with probable jail time.

Can someone truthfully tell me is there ANY chance a college would accept her (she is 1 course away from her AA) or what major would not be affected by this. She worked at a pharmacy (yes, she's doomed there now) and I need SOME glimmer of hope of what possibilities there may be. She did start going to an IOP center (hoping it would look good for the court too) last week, but with her state of mind, am tempted to force her into a full time residential program (she does not use illegal drugs...really...but she does abuse her prescription drugs, mainly for ADD). She has been diagnosed w/ an impulsive disorder and has been seeing a psych. for 3 years now. help.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
my daughter was under the impression if she "helped" by dropping names etc., she could possibly just be charged w/ the redlight drive-thru.

met w/ detective and attorney and the felony will not be dropped. My daughter has had a history of (3) suicide attempts and she feels her life is over (age 21) and I am a basket case trying to keep her from doing the ultimate. She has been a tough-love kid who rents a room from an elderly (and unaware of anything) woman. My daughter's court date is Feb. 5, but was told at bare minimum she'll have probation at this point, with probable jail time.

Can someone truthfully tell me is there ANY chance a college would accept her (she is 1 course away from her AA) or what major would not be affected by this. She worked at a pharmacy (yes, she's doomed there now) and I need SOME glimmer of hope of what possibilities there may be. She did start going to an IOP center (hoping it would look good for the court too) last week, but with her state of mind, am tempted to force her into a full time residential program (she does not use illegal drugs...really...but she does abuse her prescription drugs, mainly for ADD). She has been diagnosed w/ an impulsive disorder and has been seeing a psych. for 3 years now. help.

She may get accepted to a college but not a competitive one. She cannot teach or have other child-related careers, do anything with medicine or pretty much law enforcement. She may do okay at business degree or communication. And you my dear are in denial. She IS INVOLVED with illegal drugs. She had pot. THAT IS ILLEGAL. Quit making excuses for her. This is NOT the first time she was caught with POT according to you. She needs to face reality, get into rehab, get into a psychiatric program and go from there. You cannot "force her" into a residential program. She is an adult and makes her own choices. You are still treating her as a child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">