• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what would happen?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

truthseeker23

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new york

my friend takes adderall xr and has just told me she's been giving it to our other friend on a regular basis, sometimes charging for it! i told her that it was illegal, but i don't really know what could happen to her if they "fall out". i know they use text messages and facebook messages a lot, so i assume one of them would probably have some sort of message saying the other either wanted it and paid, or gave it and wanted money? anyways, what would happen to her if the person she sold it to went to the police? please, only serious answers, i really want her to stop and understand the trouble i think she could be in!

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
She would get charged with at least one felony.

She'd be going to prison, most likely. Sounds like she's not a fine upstanding citizen. Penalty often depends on prior criminal history.

There is no way to absolutely say what would happen to her other than she would be arrested and charged.

truthseeker23

thank you for your answer. so i'll tell her that if for some reason her and our friend fall out and our friend brings all their emails and texts about this to the police, she'll go to jail, so she should stop!!! thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">