• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who will see a record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

akirwood25

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

I will be charged with a class A misdemeanor possession of marijuana, and transportation of a controled substance, under the age of 21. I will lose my license for this. Will this be something I will have to put on job applications? Also, what other areas might a crime like this have to come up for? Will this affect future employement?

Neal1421

akirwood25 said:

I will be charged with a class A misdemeanor possession of marijuana, and transportation of a controled substance, under the age of 21. I will lose my license for this. Will this be something I will have to put on job applications? Also, what other areas might a crime like this have to come up for? Will this affect future employement?
Anytime someone runs a background check including criminal history, it will more than likely come up. So yes, it may affect future employment.

It is always best to disclose criminal history to potential employment because if they do a thorough search it will come up and they will not be happy if you lie.

fairisfair

Neal1421 said:
Anytime someone runs a background check including criminal history, it will more than likely come up. So yes, it may affect future employment.

It is always best to disclose criminal history to potential employment because if they do a thorough search it will come up and they will not be happy if you lie.
Just an added note, some employers only require disclosure of felony convictions, in those cases, no you will not have to disclose your misdemeanor history.

fairisfair

by the way, how old are you and were you charged as a juvenile?? have you ever been convicted of any other crime??

akirwood25

Thanks everybody for your help.. I already know that if college is in my future, financial aid is not an option with a criminal record as I would have. I know this is kind of off topic for a law board, but any ideas if a dental assisstant job would require listing this type of criminal record?

akirwood25

fairisfair said:
by the way, how old are you and were you charged as a juvenile?? have you ever been convicted of any other crime??
I'm 20, so charged as an adult. I haven't yet been to court. I did get PCed for possession of alcohol when I was 17.

fairisfair

ae you eligible for any type of diversion program?? have you check into whether or not NH even has one, what about pre trial intervention?? okay, what is PCed'?

akirwood25

fairisfair said:
ae you eligible for any type of diversion program?? have you check into whether or not NH even has one, what about pre trial intervention?? okay, what is PCed'?
I'm really not sure. I do have a lawyer, this is not something he has brought up. I will have to ask him about it. As for the PCed, I have to be honest, I'm not really sure. I was at a party as a minor and they picked us all up and the police said they were "PCing" us. I got charged with misdemeanor of possession of alcohol, so we'll throw out the PCed part.

fairisfair

it appears that New Hampshire has fairly lenient laws regarding expungement, if you keep out of trouble it may be possible to petition the court to seal any conviction records after a certain number of years. Google New Hampshire expungement for more information. Good luck

akirwood25

fairisfair said:
it appears that New Hampshire has fairly lenient laws regarding expungement, if you keep out of trouble it may be possible to petition the court to seal any conviction records after a certain number of years. Google New Hampshire expungement for more information. Good luck
That is good news, thank you very much, you have been very helpful!

Happy Trails

akirwood25 said:

New Hampshire Expungement

Was the controlled substance you were transporting, the marijuana or something different?

akirwood25

fairisfair said:
You are very welcome, good luck to you, and be smart, stay in school and away from the dope!!!;)
Haha, oh don't worry, I'm already headed up the right path! Cleaned up my act REAL quick:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">