• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

why are they picking on me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

illusha

hello,
oregon here...

last night i was driving home @ 1am, when a cop started to follow me. He followed me for about 2-3 miles, then i got pulled over - they said i didn't blink my turn signal for a 100 feet as i'm supposed to, although i did signal every time.

I couldn't find my license or insurance. The officer asked a lot of questions, i was cooperating... They said that they will arrest me if i don't let them search my car - they said they were looking for my license. I gave them a permission to look in my car for license, but told them to stay away from my backpack because i had personal property in there (i know i shouldn't have let them search at all). They didn't find anything in the car, but then they arrested me anyway because i wouldn't let them open my backpack - they never officially told me what i was getting arrested for. They only mentioned that they "dont know who i really am", although i think they can pull your picture id on the computer. They didn't read me my rights.

I got taken to jail, where they searched my backpack which they brought in. They did ask me if i had any drugs in it, and i said no. They found my license right away, but kept searching, and in a separate LOCKED pouch, which they opened with a key they took from me, they found about $20 of cannabis, and parafenilia, including a pen that had traces of meth...

now i'm charged with a felony of bringing contraband into prison, and having drugs within a 1000 feet of a school (that's where i got pulled over)..... This is my first offence ever. I'm 21.

1) what can i do???
2) can they give me jail time? how much? what other damage can they do to me?
3)any good lawyers in oregon?

PLEASE HELP

thanx in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">