• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why wasn't I arrested?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pennie

MN Yesterday I gave a sheriff's deputy with an arrest warrant for the previous tenant permission to search my apartment for said previous tenant. Upon searching my bedroom, they found what they suspect to be methamphetamine, in plain sight and called the Mpls. police narc unit in to do a search. They searched, and nothing other than the original find was there. I was not arrested, or even issued a citation. My question is: why not? And what can I expect? Also, what they confiscated may have had a trace, slight at best, of actual meth in it but was cut - even the officer commented on it's quality. Am I allowed access to the testing results?

Some Random Guy

Generally, possessing low quality meth has the same penalties as high quality meth.

The officer will get the drugs tested and the DA will files charges if they feel it is appropriate. Once you are charged, your lawyer can request the testing results. But it would be a waste if time if you are just looking to double check the quality of your drugs.

Pennie

Fair enough, while that wasn't exactly what I was getting at, your reply certainly see how ridiculous my question sounded. I'll leave it at that - thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">