• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife Caught on military base w/weed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MrUnPerfect

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

Ok, I'm in the Air Force. My wife and I use to smoke weed all the time however since I had joined the Air Force I decided it was time to 'grow up.' It was my understanding that my wife had too but one day when going through check points they searched mye car and my wife had told me she had a bag of weed on her. They found it and now she's facing a Class A misdeameanor(mispell) My question is what could she be facing. I understand the Class A is the most serious kind..

Also I would like to get her a lawyer, can we request one before the trial.

If she were to just pleed guity, would she have to be there? We are no longer stationed in Oklahoma, were in New Mexico... thank you.

S

sugarpuff

wife caught on base with weed

i too am from new mexico i just got busted for the same thing and my court date isnt till oct 9. imm not sure of the law there and the fact that it was the military but, whe you went and sighned up for a court date if on the paper somewere it says bond araighnment then no she cant have a lawyer at that court date but she should plead not guilty so that they can reschedule for another date with a lawyer if you plan on gettting one. if she pleads guilty then more than likely she could face 1 yr imprisonment form what i read on drug laws in that state.in nm it will cost me 100$. yes i think she has to be present. i suggest talking to lawyer to find out like i said im not a lawyer this is what i know from what i learned

S

sugarpuff

wife caught on base w/weed

conditional discarge is available. i looked on a website for state drug laws run by norml

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: wife caught on base with weed

sugarpuff said:
i too am from new mexico i just got busted for the same thing and my court date isnt till oct 9. imm not sure of the law there and the fact that it was the military but, whe you went and sighned up for a court date if on the paper somewere it says bond araighnment then no she cant have a lawyer at that court date but she should plead not guilty so that they can reschedule for another date with a lawyer if you plan on gettting one. if she pleads guilty then more than likely she could face 1 yr imprisonment form what i read on drug laws in that state.in nm it will cost me 100$. yes i think she has to be present. i suggest talking to lawyer to find out like i said im not a lawyer this is what i know from what i learned

My response:

You said of yourself, "im not a lawyer. . ."

Gee, really?

With your poor spelling and lack of grammar, I don't see how anyone could have possibly made that mistake, or even be confused.

Truthfully, I thought you were Matlock, or Clarence Darrow. Damn, you burst my bubble.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Good one, Homie.

You know, I never even look at the forum category any longer. I can always tell I'm on the criminal law board just by reading the poor use of the English language by the criminals.

Do you think there may be some correlation between illicit drug usage, and education?

Nah, that would be too easy. It must be genetic or environmental, but certainly not the drugs.

IAAL

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Yeah IAAL, it's the water. The terrorists already got to the water and it's making these people commit drug and other crimes.

S

sugarpuff

to the people who had to make any rude remarks toward my comments i had made. right now i cant tell if you all were kids or adults i joined this forum because i thought it was helpful and interesting. i liked the advice i got it was different and everyone had there own opinion wether it was good or bad. im not the best on the computer but ill tell you one thing, im not a dumb person, but im learning wisdom from what i learn. i dont know if you people think that because you spend all day on you computers doing nothing all day that you have the right to judge me or anyone else.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sugarpuff said:
"because you spend all day on you computers doing nothing all day that you have the right to judge me or anyone else."

=======================================

My response:

Of course we can judge you - - and we will.

My judgment of you is that you're as dumb as a stick, and a druggie. Oh, and here's some "wisdom" for you - - if you learned how to spell, use proper grammar, and use punctuation, people would have respect for you. But, since you don't know how, you have to live with the opinions of people like me.

How's that?

IAAL

Last edited:
S

sugarpuff

this is the last time im going to write to you "IM ALWAYS LIABLE".
i can care less what you have to say, but I do have some advice for you "Grow up" and learn a little respect for others and their opinions. I really hate coming back here just to hear crap from people like you. This isn't a chat room. Give your opinion to the person asking it and leave it at that, and if you can't do that then you need to get out.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sugarpuff said:
this is the last time im going to write to you "IM ALWAYS LIABLE".

i can care less what you have to say, but I do have some advice for you "Grow up" and learn a little respect for others and their opinions. I really hate coming back here just to hear crap from people like you. This isn't a chat room. Give your opinion to the person asking it and leave it at that, and if you can't do that then you need to get out.

=========================================

My response:

You said, " . . . learn a little respect for others and their opinions."

You see, this is where a little education comes in, and where you've got to ease up on the drugs.

I NEVER commented on your "opinion."

I commented on, and had an "opinion" concerning, your spelling, your grammar and your punctuation!

I have to wonder - - didn't everyone have the same opportunity to go to school like I did? Or, did everyone just "cut class" on the day English was being taught?

IAAL

P.S. The name is "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE", and the phrase is, "I couldn't care less . . . "

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">