• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will helping police get my charge dropped? VA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

norcalfthills

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

My girlfriend goes to college in Virginia. The police busted her red handed selling an ounce of marijuana to a friend in a undercover operation. Now the police tell her she has to wear a wire and bring in somebody else. The cop can make "no guarantees" but he assures her the charges will be dropped if the bust is "big enough". Will turning over somebody else help her case? Can the charges really be dropped? Will she lose her finacial aid with the arrest, or only with a conviction?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Curt581

Will turning over somebody else help her case?
Possibly. As the officer said, it depends. He also said No Guarantees.

Can the charges really be dropped?
Can they? Yes. They can.
Will they? Unknown.

Will she lose her finacial aid with the arrest, or only with a conviction?
Can she lose it? Possibly.
Will she lose it? Unknown.

See where I'm going with these answers?

You're asking questions better posed to Miss Cleo's Psychic Friends Network.

Or even better, a local attorney... one who knows the local police, knows the local prosecutors, and is familiar with local college financial rules.

The Occultist

The [very] little I know of these situations is that it is not worth it to go through with such a scenario. My advice is to get a lawyer and hope for some sort of deferred prosecution.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">