• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will I be able to return to the U.S??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MarbD

I am an american citizen that was caught in Columbus, Georgia fall season 1993 with a 1/4 pound of marijuana(plead of guilty, and only a felony possession charge) and then sentenced to 3 years probation and conditional discharge program with some community service... I left the country in Jan. 1994 for Europe and have not returned since. My question is if that I return to the U.S. am I in danger of going to jail or is there some sort of statute of limitations or anything else I can do that will enable me living a normal life again? Please help, I miss my home...

Last edited:

calatty

If there is a warrant for your arrest, it does not simply disappear over time because you managed to elude capture. Statute of limitations is the time within which the state must bring charges. It is possible you will be nabbed on returning to the country. You should contact your original attorney to find out what's up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">