• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Working With The Dea

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Janeth Moreno

What is the name of your state? AZ I have a few questions to ask. First I want to know how long it takes for the Attorney general to decide whether or not they will allow the inmate to be released to work with the DEA?
How does the inmate benefit from this besides being free?
Is it it a good idea to get an attorney before deciding to attempt this?
I would like to know more about BLAKELY. My fiance believes that the judge shouldnt have given him 15 yrs. only 9.25. Do I need an attorney to look into that? He believes its an illigal sentence.

Last edited:

Janeth Moreno

Dea

:) My Question Was Wether It Was A Good Idea For My Fiance To Work With The Dea For An Early Release And If There Are Any Benifits To It? I Just Want Him To Come Home.:( He's Done Ten Years Now And Im Feeling Very Depressed**************..sigh. Also Does Anyone Know About Illigal Sentencing? The Blakely Law?

fairisfair

Janeth Moreno said:
:) My Question Was Wether It Was A Good Idea For My Fiance To Work With The Dea For An Early Release And If There Are Any Benifits To It? I Just Want Him To Come Home.:( He's Done Ten Years Now And Im Feeling Very Depressed**************..sigh. Also Does Anyone Know About Illigal Sentencing? The Blakely Law?
You can find plenty of information regarding the blakely decision, just google blakely sentencing. That should keep you busy for a while.

outonbail

Janeth Moreno said:
Is he in a federal prison or a state prison?

If he's in a state prison, the DEA may now be talking with him because he is set to be released on parole fairly soon anyway. It sounds fishy that after ten years of being in prison the DEA suddenly needs his help making arrests.

Being a snitch for the DEA is dangerous work. They will place him in situations they don't dare stick one of their own agents. They look at everyone they investigate and arrest in the drug world as being scum. The only use they have for scum, is to make bait out of them to help arrest more scum.
Working with them even one time, will give them something to hang over his head and "use" to encourage him to work with them again and again. They really don't care if their scum is washed down the drain, as they can always persuade more scum to do their dangerous work whenever necessary.

If your fiancee has learned anything being locked up all these years, then he doesn't want to be involved in the whole drug scene when he's released.
Being involved with the DEA is still being involved in the drug scene. He'll be using again and back to whatever it was that got him put away the first time. Only next time, he will be locked up within reach of those he helped to put away while being a "snitch" for the DEA.

How long do you believe anyone can survive in prison, under those circumstances?

The choice is his to make.

2901bruce

Janeth Moreno said:
What is the name of your state? AZ I have a few questions to ask. First I want to know how long it takes for the Attorney general to decide whether or not they will allow the inmate to be released to work with the DEA?
How does the inmate benefit from this besides being free?
Is it it a good idea to get an attorney before deciding to attempt this?
I would like to know more about BLAKELY. My fiance believes that the judge shouldnt have given him 15 yrs. only 9.25. Do I need an attorney to look into that? He believes its an illigal sentence.
Tell your "friend" that he should finish his sentence. By working with the DEA (Informant/Snitch), he probably wouldn't live another five years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">